Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 12, 1914 and November 12, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, November 12, 1914

Had a big crowd at the card social. Paul won the first prize. Had a pretty good time dancing. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, November 12, 2021

Worked all day at Second Helpings, stayed late for a delivery, visited Mom and stayed until midnight. Cold night. 

I'm happy that the card social went well. And Grandma Nora's beau, Paul won the big prize! I wonder if that was because he was the champion card player or if it was a drawing? And dancing too!

Another long day of work for me - my favorite part was staying for a late delivery/donation. The drivers were from Georgia and heading to Chicago. The brought us three pallets of great meat. 

I went to Mom's after - we're working on getting her paperwork together. It's fun to spend more time with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment