Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 11, 1914 and October 11, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, October 11, 1914

Had a beautiful day today altho it was a little chilly. Was out to Willy's house to spend the day. Then came in for the entertainment. It was real good.  

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, October 11, 2021

Our new Second Helpings CEO started today. I've known Linda for awhile - she'll be great! Hard rain here today, walked over to Twenty Tap celebrate our late friend, Matt's birthday. 

I know that at some point a Willy married a Spitznogle, but I don't know if there is a Bauer/Willy connection. 


It looks like the pay was a success! In light of the current pandemic, I cringe when I think of how crowded that place was. 

Our new CEO started today, I think she'll be great. 

It was a cloudy evening, but I managed to get the front yard mowed before the rain hit. And I killed two birds - last mow of the season and mulched the leaves. 

Note the photo of Matt under the neon sign

I walked in the rain to meet a group of friends our late friend, Matt Elliott's birthday. I can't believe it's been 10 years since he died. We had fun telling Matt stories and hanging out on the corner - 54th and College - at Twenty Tap, the site of Northside Newsstand, in the space where most of us met him (and each other). 


The sign mentioned in the piece I wrote is now at Twenty Tap
It enjoyed seeing everyone...and I miss Matt. 







No comments:

Post a Comment