Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 11, 1914 and September 11, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, September 11, 1914

Was to prayer hour tonight and then went down to see the dance on the pavement on Eel River Ave. Gee there was some crowd. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, September 11, 2021

The French Market fundraiser benefiting my parish, Saint Joan of Arc, was today. Our Second Helpings job training students participate also. Hard work, but fun! 


I know that the Logansport papers wrote about the Eel River Avenue dance, but every time I click on a link to the article, a 1935 Sheybogan, WI paper pops up. I'll try again later. 

Busy day for me. I'm on the food committee for the Saint Joan of Arc French Market. It's always a busy day for me, I arrived at 9:30 and left after midnight. I didn't take many pictures, but did get one of maternal Cousin Kelly and Adrian popping by the kitchen for a visit. Who knows what was happening with my hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment