Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 4, 1914 and June 4, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Thursday, June 4, 1914

Was to singing class tonight and then went to confession. Paul called me up and said he would be in tomorrow evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, June 4, 2021

Worked at Second Helpings today and cooked at the Red Key this evening, drinks with Tammy after. Sorry to miss John's graduation.


I wonder how many people are in the singing class? Is it more like a choir? I love how many activities are around the church. How exciting to have plans with her beau, Paul! 

Another busy day at Second Helpings. We're in the middle of a big building reorganization project. It's great to go through the warehouse and jettison things that we no longer use. 

My nephew's graduation was scheduled for yesterday, but postponed because of rain. It never occurred to me that might happen so I had agreed to cook at the Red Key. I wasn't able to get it covered. I'm glad that the ceremony was live-streamed. John David is a great-grand child of Nora's. Another one of her great-grandchildren, Monica Spitznogle, graduated in the same class. 

Bonus, there was also a graduate from mom's side of the family, Micah Gremelspacher. 

My friend Tammy met me after my shift for drinks. It was so good to catch up with her - the pandemic is affecting adolescents in ways that are unimaginable. God bless everyone dealing with the emotional fallout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment