Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: May 25, 1914 and May 25, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, May 25, 1914

Was very warm out today. Was to the school house this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Worked today, followed by a flower arraigning class this evening - great fun!  

I'm catching on that when Grandma Nora comments on the weather, it's because she doesn't have much to report. 
I wonder what she meant by "school house?" This what the St. Joseph's school looked like at the time - certainly not house-like.  

Elizabeth and Linda, the wonderful women that run Marigold, treated us to a "flower therapy" session. My goodness, it was just what I needed. 

Work was stressful today - nothing terrible, just a lot going on - and hanging out with Marigold people and flowers was the perfect way to end the day.

Ever since I started transcribing Grandma Nora's journal, I've been envious of her times doing fancy work with her sisters and friends. I got to experience an evening of fancy work myself...what a wonderful way to end the day! 

Nora and Elizabeth and the fancy work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment