Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 31, 1914 and March 31, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Tuesday, March 31, 1914

Was up town this afternoon. Saw Mrs. Spitz [future mother-in-law]. Went up to have my skirt fitted in. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Worked today - grant turned in, meetings this afternoon. Hair cut and groceries on the way home. 

I think that Nora must have enjoyed running into Paul's mother - at least I hope that was the case. I wish that I needed to have my skirt taken in. I seem to be heading the opposite direction. 

I was right - I'd over-thought the grant. It got parred down and submitted. I got my hair cut on this evening. Sarah does a wonderful job and I'm exited - it's almost all natural color now. Woo hoo! Stopped at Aldi to pick up some fruit. I saw bags of potting soil on my way out. I looked up the price when I got home and realized that it was a great deal so I went back and purchased 10 bags. This farm girl winces when I buy dirt, but it's a necessary part of urban farming. 

My youngest sister, Ann, had shoulder replacement surgery today. It sounds like it went well and she's already texted that she's feeling good. She is at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. I'm heading to Phoenix (where she and Tim live) on Sunday and I'll stay until Friday morning. I'm anxious to see her and I hope I'll be helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment