Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 20, 1914 and March 20, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, March 20, 1914

Was pretty cold today 20 above zero. Was to Church tonight and just putting the finishing touches on my polly centerpiece. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, March 20, 2021

Worked at both Second Helpings and the Red Key today. Spent a fun afternoon exploring the NCAA activities downtown. Beautiful weather. 


I continue to search for "polly centerpiece" in the 1910s and keep getting images of ceramic or crystal pieces. Someday I figure it out. 

It occurred to me that I really need to wrap up the house project because Aaron would be coming to town for his grandmother's funeral and I really wanted to be able to invite him into my house. 

So I spent the afternoon goofing around. 

It was so nice to be in the sunshine and soak in the excitement of the NCAA tournament being held in Indianapolis. Since I was by myself it was easy to distance and dodge the crowds. 

I started out by enjoying one of my favorite musicians, Chad Mills, on Lugar Plaza. There were distanced chairs and it was fun to wave at some familiar happy faces. 

I walked around the Circle and showed off my #DoYouDance Big Dance moves.


There are several public art pieces downtown. This is one of my favorites, by artist Shaunt'e Lewis - here I am dunking...nothing but net, baby! #swoosh 

I hustled home to show the open side of my double to prospective short-term tenants. Their house sold in one day and they're looking for a place to land for a few months. They're not looking to move it for a month, so that gives me time to make some repairs. They were very nice and will let me know. 
I had just enough time to step over the dang piles and take a quick nap before working at the Red Key. We were super busy with NCAA fans - these two were my favorite and better then Weight Watchers for making me looking thin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment