Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 28, 1914 and February 28, 2021

Nora Bauer: Saturday, February 28, 1914

Had lovely weather today. Paul was over this evening instead of tomorrow night because he wanted to get a load of hay tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, February 28, 2021

What a fun day! EME at Mass, ran into Cousin Cynthia at lunch, visited Brenda with Schaun and Kassie. No progress on painting.  

I looked back on Grandma Nora's Sunday entries and Paul visiting wasn't a regular this - I wonder if they had plans for the next night and he changed them because of picking up a load of hay? Was he picking it up in town? 

I've been embracing the spontaneous Sundays.  I'm typically tightly scheduled, but my Sunday obligations have been much looser in the last year, partly due to not having an every-other Sunday deadline for the Broad Ripple Gazette and not working a monthly Sunday at Marigold. The Red Key closing earlier on Saturday nights helps also. 

I was an EME at 10:30 Mass. When I'm on the altar, I wonder what Grandma Nora would think about women being able to serve in that capacity. 

I wanted to return a lampshade to IKEA and Schaun was kind enough to drive his truck since I was also sofa shopping. We stopped for lunch and I was thrilled to spot Cousin Cynthia across the room - so much fun to see her. 

I've wanted Kassie to meet Brenda and the stars aligned. We had a nice visit with Brenda and her husband Gary and their neighbor Sylvia. 

Still no painting, for those keeping score. 

No comments:

Post a Comment